I am a 4th year Ph.D. candidate in CSE Department, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and currently visiting Prof. Matt Mason’s Manipulation Lab in Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University. My supervisor is Prof. Dit-Yan Yeung. Before that, I got my Bachelor Degree of Engineering in June 2014 from the College of Computer Science and Technology of Zhejiang University.
I am especially interested in applying machine learning to real-world problems.
My research interest focuses on applying computational and statistical approaches to real problems in computer vision and robotics control. Currently, I mainly work on deep learning and reinforcement learning. Especially I am interested in the perception and control of aerial robots.
- Siyi Li, Dit-Yan Yeung. Visual object tracking for unmanned aerial vehicles: A benchmark and new motion models. Proceedings of the Thirty-First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), pp.4140-4146, San Francisco, California, USA, 4-9 February 2017.
[Paper] [Project Page] [Data]
- Siyi Li, Tianbo Liu, Chi Zhang, Dit-Yan Yeung, Shaojie Shen. Learning unmanned aerial vehicle control for autonomous target following. CoRR abs/1709.08233 (2017)
- Naiyan Wang, Siyi Li, Abhinav Gupta, Dit-Yan Yeung. Transferring rich feature hierarchies for robust visual tracking. CoRR abs/1501.04587 (2015)
- A survey on methods and applications of deep reinforcement learning. PhD Qualifying Exam, 2017.
- COMP2711 Discrete Mathematical Tools for Computer Science,
Spring 2015, Teaching Assistant.
- COMP1022Q Introduction to Computing with Excel VBA,
Fall 2015, Teaching Assistant.
- COMP5212 Machine Learning,
Spring 2016, Teaching Assistant.